IVCA’s mission is to promote the development of venture capital and private equity industry in India and to support entrepreneurial activity and innovation. It also serves as a powerful platform for investment funds to interact with each other.
IVCA aims to support entrepreneurial activity and innovation as well as the development and maintenance of a private equity and venture capital industry that provides long term equity capital. It helps establish high standards of ethics, business conduct and professional competence. IVCA also serves as a powerful platform for investment funds to interact with each other.
The Association stimulates the promotion, research and analysis of private equity and venture capital in India, and facilitates contact with policy makers, research institutions, universities, trade associations and other relevant organizations. IVCA collects, circulates and disseminates commercial statistics and information related to the private equity & venture capital industry.
The IVCA pursues this mission through the following activities:
Promoting sound public policy on issues related to tax, regulation and securities through representation to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Ministry of Finance (MoF), Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and other Government departments.
Provide a forum for the professional development of members and those interested in the venture capital and private equity industry through educational and training events. IVCA has established a partnership with Invest Europe [Formerly ‘the European Venture Capital Association’ (EVCA)], founded in 1987 and focused exclusively on the professional development of investment professionals.
To provide the following services:
- Website - a virtual hub of venture capital and professional service providers
- Company and individual member listing on IVCA’s searchable web-site with a directlink to the firms web-site
- Annual IVCA conference (IVCA Conclave)
- Networking events across India
- Information for entrepreneurs and portfolio companies seeking capital
- Research, publications and statistical information
- Daily news update and quarterly newsletter
- Industry tools
- Valuation Guidelines
- Reporting Guidelines
- Discounted registration fees for IVCA members at industry and networking events
- Preferred speaking opportunities for members at industry events